Thursday, May 9, 2013

English Noon Tea @ Victoria Rossa, Penang.

I’ve basically abandoned my blog for the past whole month!

Gomene ~~~ Will not have much time these days. >.<

Stepping into final year of undergrad life, thus naturally these….

 

Last week, had a short break back hometown for nation’s 13th General Election.

(Darkest day in nation’s history, sigh*)

Also got to meet up with the old buddies, tasted some fine high tea, and attended a wedding of an old classmate.

Will blog a bit about the tea thing. Pretty unusual I must say. Open-mouthed smile

 

DSC00134_副本

It’s an English Tea House in town called Victoria Rossa. First time for me.

Honestly, I don’t know much about high class authentic stuff. There’re just beautiful to me in many ways.

Will post what I see, you guys judge on your own Winking smile

DSC00108_副本

What we see as we entered. Tadaaaaa ~~

Love the lighting, the furniture and the wallpaper.

They even have nice baskets beside our seats for handbags! <3

They actually have a second floor I think, but the section was closed that day.

Would be awesome to do a Gosick or Kuroshitsuji cosplay here Open-mouthed smile

 

DSC00111_副本

Tungy and me. Sorry, Yan wasn’t in the photo. She’s holdin camera.

This was the small bench beside their entrance. We were waiting for tables.

 

DSC00112_副本

DSC00115_副本

Menu and the cutleries ….

Vintage right? Wait there’s more ….

DSC00121_副本

Tea set – Biscotti, Meringue, Original scone, Butter cake and sandwiches.

This is supposedly for one person. (The chocolate and cranberry scone were extra ala carte orders.)

Set includes a pot tea of own choice. RM30 something.

DSC00128_副本

Tea. Victorian and Edwardian blend.

One pot comes with the set. Another pot was an additional order.

I think it was RM10 or near that. Refillable once.

The teapots are nicely wrapped with laced fabric-covers. Nice?

Teacup and saucer’s pattern go with the teapot.

DSC00130_副本

Tea leaves in tin – for sale.
Lots of these on shelves. They also sell collections of tea cups saucers.

Their waitresses also wear lacy aprons like café maids, haha.

DSC00131_副本

DSC00133_副本

DSC00132_副本

Displays near the counter.

 

About all I have to blog, haha.

I will visit it again some day (when I haz extra cash) and when I feel like trying something different in their menu.

If you have visited there, how about recommending me something good?

 

 

~Ten x Ten~

No comments:

Post a Comment